Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Attitude adjustment

"I want to remember that no one is going to make my dreams come true for me...it is my job to get up everyday and work towards the things that are deepest in my heart, and enjoy every step of the journey rather than just wishing I was already where I want to end up."

I wish I could give credit to the author of this quote, but it was a pinterest find. I know, I know, insert your shocked face here. I am a pinterest addict! It's hard not to be when you find gem's like this!
I used to be one of those people who would look at other's and want what they had, weather it was a great job, or thin figure, or whatever it was I felt I didn't have. I never thought I deserved anything good, so I was constantly wishing and hoping. I approach life with a new attitude, and this quote is exactly it. I tell myself everyday that if I want something, I am the only one who can attain it for myself. If I want a great job I have to go get it. If I want a thin body and healthy lifestyle, I have to make choices and take action to get me there. If I want to have peace in my my heart, I have to let go of all the crap that holds me back and forgive those who have hurt me. But most of all, I have to forgive myself for allowing myself to live a life that does not live up to my full potential. All I can do is move forward, keep moving and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment