Monday, November 5, 2012

A reason to be thankful

As I look back on the last 11 weeks, I realize just how far I have come. There are indicators both physically and emotionally. I tried some clothes on this weekend, and was absolutely shocked that they fit. There were two pairs of pants that I tried on that 11 weeks ago, I could not even get up past my hips, and on Saturday, I tried them on and they fit! I have gone down 3 pant sizes these 11 weeks and it feels great. People tell me all the time that they can tell I have lost a lot of weight, but I look in the mirror, and still see the fat girl I have always been. I know I am doing well, and I give myself credit, but it's difficult. I still avoid looking in the mirror, afraid that I won't see enough change, afraid that I will have the same feeling of not being good enough. I still have a lot to work on, clearly, but I am on the right track. I have to focus my attention on that positive fact. I AM on the right track, I AM good enough, and I AM worth it. And in this season of thankfulness, I am thankful that I am starting to believe it...

No comments:

Post a Comment