Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ready or not, here I come!

It's been a doozy of a week. I found myself stressed out in the middle of mid-terms, frustrated by things at work, and there just didn't seem to ever be enough hours in the day. Through it all, however, I stuck to my eating plan, and found new ways to deal with all the stress. I find that now that I have my eating under control, I can handle the stress a lot better, because I know that I am not going to be eating my weight in ice cream to deal with it. I went shopping on Saturday for some new clothes. Jamie said it was the first time that she could remember me trying on clothes and me not coming out of the dressing room with tears in my eyes.The things I tried on and bought actually fit, and looked good. It's been a long time since that has happened. The days of wanting to cheat become fewer and farther between. I am doing very well. It's is, however, interesting that in times such as these, you find out who your real friends are. People that I thought would be supportive and happy for me, are anything but. Nasty, ugly personalities come out and the only thing that I can think of that causes it is jealousy. But for the life of me, why would someone be jealous of ME??? It has always been me that has been envious of others. I would look at thin beautiful women, and think to myself, "God, I wish I could look like that, have that, be that" whatever it was, I would be envious. The hurtful actions/words of others has been getting me down lately. I think the worst part about it, is that the people who have been crappy and jealous, have the power within themselves to change whatever it is about their lives that they wish was different. Just like me, they have the power to make different choices, be different people, do different things. You just have to be at a point in life where you want it bad enough. I woke up one morning this past summer feeling like I was suffocating. Every single bone in my body hurt. I was freaking miserable. I stepped on the scale and was horrified that it read 397 pounds. I knew at that point that this was not going to be my life. It was time, my time, and I was the only one who could do a gosh darn thing about it. No one held my hand, or made my meals, or drove me to the clinic every week to weigh in. I have made that choice by myself and with the love and support of those closest to me, I am doing it. I weighed myself on Saturday and had hit 50 pounds down. I am not going to let the jealousy and insecurities of people who really don't matter, get in my way or get me down. I am worth it, and I am creating a new life for myself. SO, either walk beside me, or get the hell out of the way, because ready or not, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment