Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This season of change

I was driving home from work in the sunshine today, and I was noticing how amazing the colors of this season really are. The reds, yellows/golds, oranges...ugh..just amazing. I often think that I would love to live elsewhere, somewhere warmer year round, but then I think of what I would miss about living in the Midwest, and fall tops the list. It is such a season of great change. The trees start to turn and eventually the leaves fall off leaving the tree naked in the sunlight. That is sometimes how I feel in this season of change in my life. Naked in the sunlight, baring my soul for all to see. And for the first time in my life, it feels right, not scary. I am shedding weight like crazy, I am becoming more confident in who I am as a person. My life is taking shape and it feels good. I am growing and moving forward and it's awesome. I made a big decision this week. I took another job in the Avera organization, and am leaving the OR. Surgery has been my home for over 7 1/2 years, and the people there are my family and some of my closest friends. I am too comfortable there, and I can do my job with my eyes closed. I know it frontward, backward, forward and sideways. I am in a season of growing, and I can't stand still any longer. Not in my life, and not in my career. In this season of being thankful, I am reflective upon all the good in my life. I think about how many people I love and who support me without abandon. I say it on a daily basis, but I am so blessed. I have good days, and bad days, but I am determined to stay thankful in this season of change in my life. I will look to the heavens and say thank you God for all the amazingness in my life. To those of you that follow this blog, and encourage me, THANK YOU. Your support is truly instrumental in my success, and I send each of you my love. Be blessed this week, and seek out things to be thankful for. Tell the people in your life that you love them, be kind to people that are difficult to be kind to. Go out and live the life you dream about..because YOU deserve it..just like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment