Wednesday, September 12, 2012
The positive side of self fulfilling prophecy
I find myself today in very unfamiliar territory. Rarely has there been a time in my life where I have set a goal and worked hard and ultimately achieved it. I have always derailed myself, telling myself I couldn't do it, it would be too hard, I am not good enough, not smart enough, not motivated enough, and eventually just fizzle out and let the goal go by the wayside. Ah yes, self fulfilling prophecy at it's finest. My mother, bless her heart, will tell you this to be true. I NEVER finish what I start. It is something that frustrates me, and one thing that I really have wanted to change about myself for years. When I started this journey one month ago today, I set a goal that I wanted to lose 25 pounds my first month. I weighed in this morning, and not only did I meet that goal, I surpassed it by 3.3 pounds! My official loss is 28.3 pounds. I feel the best I have ever felt in my entire life. I have a BIG goal weight loss wise. It would be easy to tell myself, there is NO WAY you are ever going to hit that goal..it's gonna take forever, it's gonna be too hard, you don't deserve it....and so on and so on and so on...however, here is where I am making changes. I need to remind myself, to not lose sight of the big picture, but don't allow myself to be overwhelmed by it. I have set goals of 25 pound increments, and those are what I am choosing to focus on rather than the amount as a whole. 25 pounds is very achievable I am finding out, and that is a self fulfilling prophecy I am happy to let play out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah that you exceeded your goal!! 28.3 lbs in one month is totally awesome!! Way to Go!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! I appreciate your support! :)
Delete