Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dori's wise words

As I begin this journey to a better me, I am forced to look at behaviors in my life, and make the decision as to whether or not they support the ideal of a healthy life, or drag me further away. I see that I have issues with emotional eating, self-control, self loathing, overly critical of myself and others, boy, this list sure is getting uncomfortably long..insert picture of girl sweating bullets here! Anyhow, ya get the point, this girl has issues. So if I don't take care of these issues, how am I going to support the ideal of a healthy life-style long term? I ask myself this everyday. It's always in the forefront of my mind, how do I get this transformation to be a permanent life-style. I don't think there is an easy answer, it's going to be a daily challange. Part of overcoming challanges, is to surround yourself with a strong support system. check! Ok..got that. Number 2, cut yourself some slack and understand that no one is ever perfect, ok...will work on that! Number 3, never lose sight of the end goal, put yourself in a mind frame of constantly striving towards that goal, and when you reach that, set a new goal. No matter what...JUST KEEP SWIMMING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment