Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The good in me

Tonight, I am experiencing the opposite of writers block. I have so many things rolling around in my head, that I am having a hard time putting everything into one complete thought. I am feeling overwhelmed by all the love, support and encouragement from friends, family and co-workers. As I continue this blog, I am discovering that the things I struggle with, many others do too. And it isn't just the struggles surrounding weight and overeating. Many of us struggle with doubt, self destructive behavior/thoughts, and so on. It's an epidemic, especially with women. I could talk all day long about the MANY people in my life that I love, and could talk for hours about the things that make them such amazing people, but if you were to ask me to give you something good about myself, I would have a very hard time giving you something that I thought was worthy enough. And so the quest to find "the good in me" begins. It's a journey, and a process and not always easy to do. But I stand here willing and able, longing for peace. And it seems like a very good place to start.

1 comment:

  1. I know the good in you Kate! and I will gladly tell you! :) you are always tere with a smile on your face and a positive outlook on your day. you are a strong woman inside and out and I have faith you will make it through this! do it for you Kate! your an amazing friend, and I am very proud of you! ashley friesz

    ReplyDelete