Thursday, August 23, 2012
An elephant chained to the post
All my life I have been an elephant chained to the post. How's that for positive self imagery? Nice,eh? Now, I am not really calling myself an elephant, so let me explain. When baby elephants are born, and being trained in the circus, the trainers chain their ankle to a metal post to keep them from wandering off. They are conditioned over and over that they cannot break that metal chain, the thing that ultimately keeps them from being free. Even when they grow up to be these large, magnifient creatures, their brain tells them that they can't break free, even though we all know they possess the power within themselves to very easily pull away and break the chains. That is why I compare myself to an elephant chained to a post. Me, being the elephant, and my fears, doubts, demons, and self loathing,which physically translates into extra weight on my body, keeps me from breaking through to freedom. But, today is a new day for me. I am sick and tired of sitting on the sidelines of life, watching everyone around me live and pursue their dreams. It's my turn. And why not? I deserve to be happy and have peace in my life. Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I am going to give myself reasons why I can. Yesterday marked week one of being on the Ideal Protein lifestyle. I lost 15.5 pounds and 6 inches. I feel amazing. I am choosing to ignore the people who tell me I will gain all the weight back, or that this isn't going to work. I am choosing to love myself and for the first time ever, give myself a chance. For the first time ever, I am going to break the chains and fly free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Best of luck Kate! You do deserve to be happy! You are one of the sweetest people I know and you deserve to live a long, healthy life. We are still young enough now to change our lifestyles and reach for the goal of long-term health.
ReplyDeleteDon't listen to the naysayers, it is not about a specific program - it is about wanting to be healthy and sticking to a healthy lifestyle. That being said, my chiropractor, who I really respect, does seminars and promotes Ideal Protein. His clients have been super succesful and you will be too! Love and hugs, Rhea
Thanks Rhea! Your support means a lot to me, and it is going to be a long journey, but necessary if I want to go for my dreams. So thanks for your kind words and friendship, it means more than you'll ever know. Much love to you, Kate :)
DeleteYou are amazing Kate, and I am so proud of you. I really hope that this will lead you to be the person who you feel you are.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it, Kate! Looking forward to reading about your journey and cheering you on! My sister has struggled with her weight her entire life also and lost almost a hundred pounds last year when she wanted to get pregnant. It's all about the right motivation and timing!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Kate! I've heard great things about ideal weigh and am so excited for you! No matter what you are an amazing woman! Go for it. :)
ReplyDelete